Return to the Catholic Cemeteries Home Page

Catholic Cemeteries of the

Archdiocese of Omaha

Preparing for Eternity

Calvary Cemetery

Calvary Cemetery opened with an official consecration by the Most Reverend Gerald J. Bergan, in the city of Omaha, Nebraska at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 21, 1952.  Calvary Cemetery thereby became the 3rd member of the Holy Sepulchre Cemetery Association, created in 1906 for the management of two Catholic cemeteries, Saint Mary and Holy Sepulchre. (ref: A History of Calvary Cemetery, by Chris M. Miller, December 15th, 1997).

Calvary Cemetery is laid out in sections by the stations of the Cross.  Click on the image to see all 14 stations

Click on the map for a larger image

Statue of the Littlest Angel in the Serenity (Babies) Section
Donated by the Saint Stephen the Martyr Council of the Knights of Columbus

Details of the Serenity Section

Service flags for Memorial Day

Calvary Features

 

7800 West Center Road
Omaha, NE 68124-3199
(402) 391-3711 Fax 402-391-0321