Return to the Catholic Cemeteries Home Page

Catholic Cemeteries of the

Archdiocese of Omaha

Preparing for Eternity

Holy Sepulchre Cemetery

 

Click on the map for a larger image

Holy Sepulchre is the oldest active Catholic Cemetery in Omaha.  The first Catholic Cemetery was Saint Mary's, at 24th and Howard.  There was

"a little over an acre of land used for that purpose". 

"When the the city was about to open these streets Mr. Thomas Swift removed, at Diocese expense, about 162 bodies and together with the head stones were transferred to the cemeteries of Holy Sepulchre and Saint Mary's."

(the quoted text above was excerpted from book 1 of the burial records of Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.)

The first burial recorded was June 6th, 1873.

 

4912 Leavenworth Street
Omaha, NE 68106
(402) 391-3711 Fax (402)391-0321